FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: How do I get on an earlier YYZ-YVR as part of AC33?
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by can lynx
I'm currently booked on AC33, for the entire flight from YYZ-SYD. On the same day I go to Sydney, I land in Toronto on a separate Air Canada ticket around 5am (pretty rough two days of travel I know). I'd like to spend the day and see some family in Vancouver instead of having a 15 hour layover in Toronto.
One thing I realized, which you should consider is that you're arriving into YYZ on a separate ticket. Should your inbound get delayed into YYZ and your miss your flight from YYZ->YVR (be it on the original AC33 direct service to SYD or the new flight you propose) you may very well be on the hook for making rebooking arrangements since they are separate itineraries (even though it's the same airline). It may therefore be prudent to add some buffer time to protect yourself against that incident (I typically add in 5-6 hours which some may find excessive but better safer than sorry)

Does anyone on the know what AC's policy is for missed flights/connections due to a delayed flight on a separate AC itinerary? Would they re-accomodate or would they simply treat it as a no-show?

Safe Travels,

James