FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AA only (2017-2019)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:39 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by lbotez
I'm getting tired of all this game playing by Amex to prevent their customers from taking advantage of this benefit. Excuse me, but it seems like they are actually trying to keep their customers from actually using this benefit. Why don't they just be fair and do it like Chase does?

Chase its a much better card anyway. They allow you to not only get your Airline Credit easily, but they give you 3X points for restaurants and other things....

The Amex Business Plat card used to be my favorite card. It got me into all kinds of airline lounges, and gives me gold elite at Hilton and SPG.

Now they want $595 per year for access DL lounges (hardly fly DL), a couple of AX Centurion Lounges that I rarely get to go to, and some other new benefits which I have absolutely no use for. And mostly 1X MR's for most charges except airlines. I'm cancelling my card next month. It's not worth paying that much for. As far as I am concerned, the card has gotten way too expensive and less valuable.
i see. so you want everything to be easy to abuse, low price and offer insane value. makes sense...