FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Careers that allow one to get BAEC GGL at a young age
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:25 pm
xjk1

Programs: BAEC Bronze; LoungeKey
@ClubflyerLondon , @gms , @creflo , @BAfromZRH . Thank you a lot for your responses!! Above I've outlined most of my reasoning.

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
I love your enthusiasm of flying! I caught it at 17 and it hasn't faded... even a little bit! I have gone so far to actually learn to fly a small plane... Anyway. I'd also like to offer my sincere congratulations on getting into a prestigious place for your further education. I have two students headed to Oxbridge this year; Physics at Oxford and Natural Sciences at Cambridge (grades permitting!) this October. They are really excited. And Scared!

Now the serious bit. University is really weird lesson in life where you get a sum of money every month, have a weird variety of classes (some you like) and you're also surrounded by like minded people. Your afforded amazing life stories by people who have dedicated their lives to what you will study in only one term. My advice is do not shy away from all options just yet; see where University takes you. You might find yourself longing for a job which is travel intensive or something that pays well but is 9-5. Whatever you do chose, all the best and make sure you are are happy... not the airline!
Thank you @ScienceTeacher , and congratulations with your students' acceptances this year to Oxbridge! Best of luck to them. And thanks regarding the advice regarding flying and choosing. I do think university will be an interesting time that will help refine my thinking and perhaps guide me with choosing a career; my question is mainly regarding which careers are best in terms of maximising flying and TPs (things which I, bizarrely, really enjoy) which will play a role in helping me finally decide an exact path to pursue.

And interesting to hear that you had the same fascination in flying at my age! I've also been fortunate enough to have a few flying lessons (albeit nowhere near enough to get a licsense, although that may be coming down the road!

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Flying only really becomes fun when you don't have to do it. One of life's little paradoxes.
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Too true. Travelling when you have to is not enjoyable in the slightest, I do rather enjoy flying trips when when it has nothing to do with work though!
Intresting! Thank you. I mean I haven't ever travelled for work, so I couldn't really comment, but I personally really enjoy being in the air and also don't like being in one spot for too long! I'd much prefer, at least while I'm young, constantly moving around, and living primarily from hotel rooms!

And, @frandrake , @Beaulieu , and @Carmer thank you for the specific insights relating to where the flying can be found! Indeed, I've heard consulting at places like McKinsey and Boston Consulting group leads to constant flying. I'm not sure the extent to which I'd enjoy that line of work, however. Do you know if consultants at places like Compass Lexecon also fly a lot (even if its a bit less than McKinsey and Boston Consulting) and whether it's primarily short-haul/ long-haul, F/J/Y?