FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetSmarter - discussion and experiences
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:47 pm
Nicoolio
Suspended

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
The line about security in that makes me laugh. I never had any security/bag checks/etc. I could have walked on with god knows what....
Originally Posted by dval44
I'm not sure exactly which line you are talking back, but they definitely did light security at certain locations. At HPN, they would always take the bags to a separate area and have a K9 sniff around.
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
There was a section on security and safety concerns, about passengers bringing drugs and cash onboard. JetSmarter's reply was discussed outlining how stringent their security is including background checks on most people before they fly. My (admittedly limited) experience taking empty legs, did not include any visible security at all. Flying out of MSP I was welcomed, waited while the plane was readied, and they checked my drivers license against the manifest, and i got on board. No one checked/screened me or my bag.
This is from the Private Jet Card Comparisons article that summarized the CNBC piece

A pilot who formerly flew for one of the operators JetSmarter used (JetSmarter is a broker and doesn’t actually operate its flights) tells Private Jet Card Comparisons lack of on the ground screening as detailed on the company’s website was commonplace.