FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa on Arrival/TWOV at MCT
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:22 pm
ChocolateFactory

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Visa on Arrival/TWOV at MCT

I booked an award ticket on TG XXX-BKK-MCT for a friend of mine who is a Thai national.
My friend will probably "miss" the flight to MCT, but it would be great to get on the flight to BKK. ;-)

We'd like to avoid the Omani e-visa fee.
About MCT/Oman, Expertflyer says:

Passengers must have a printed e-visa confirmation.
Visa required, except for Nationals of Thailand with a normal passport traveling as tourists can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 1 month.
They must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation or a private residential address with contact details in Oman.
But when I google, I only find that there is no visa on arrival anymore, only the e-visa. So which one is it? (Or actually, will the checkin staff only see what I see on Expertflyer?)

Or should we just go for TWOV?

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Passengers with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 24 hours.
They must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.
Might be the easiest option?
Is there a risk the airport staff won't let him check in/short check his bag if they think the itinerary doesn't make sense?