FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:02 pm
fartoomanyusers

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by lhs323
Ben is becoming a real a**hole in my view. He arrogantly complained in his post today (January 10, 2018) that UA didn't invite him to the media event despite having "the largest independently owned blog in this space." I wrote the below comment calling him out for his past unethical behavior with United and he proceeded to delete the comment and ban me from making future comments on his website.

Daniel M says:
January 10, 2019 at 2:05 pm“For the record, I wasn’t invited to the media event, despite having the largest independently owned blog in this space, and having had nothing but positive things to say about Polaris lounges.”

I’m confused what your meaning is here. Are you complaining that you weren’t invited despite having the largest independently owned blog in this space? If so, why should they invite you after the scam you pulled on them which got you kicked out of MileagePlus? Are you saying that they should overlook your past ethical blunders because you’re so successful now? That sounds like a pretty obnoxious power play on your part. Look – I love your blog and there is a reason it’s the best in this space. I’m also convinced that you’ve learned from your past mistakes. But that doesn’t give you the right to call United out given your past issues with the airline. Just my two cents.
this comment was allowed (not me!):

Ryan says:
January 10, 2019 at 8:53 pmUnited may have considered your past negative history with defrauding them, in deciding not to invite you. Actions have consequences.