FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Atlanta ATL concourse connections
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:26 am
exwannabe

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Best airport in the world PERIOD. T A B C D E F all connected from one central point in the middle. Wide concourses and minimal clutter in the halls (no shops in the middle of walkways etc)

Centralized security with optional North and South terminal security. My only complaint it with the international (F) I wish they would build a pre security train between domestic and international. That bus system is awful they have.
I agree that the groundside D to I transport is a problem. Perhaps the one thing they really missed in the '70s design was that ATL would have serious international traffic. Back then, it was just a few short haul international flights that operated out of T (the international concourse back prior to E).

Once E was built the complaint was the baggage re-check for us locals coming home. F and the new international terminal fixed that, but with the problem you mentioned.

Still, all in all the design has worked very well. I hate airports that force me to reclear security because of poor layouts.