FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where should I book flights to China??
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:59 am
MrVette

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Alaska, United, Chase
I've researched all the Chinese airlines and I'm willing to try any of them. But it does seem like Hainan comes out on top for business class.

TripAdvisor, Expedia & Travelocity I'd put in the more established/more likely to not be a problem OTA. But the best prices are on Justfly, Skylux and others that I have not used, have some very mixed ratings, and have some serious horror stories in their reviews. So I am hesitant to trust my first experience with them, costing $7000-$8000, unless someone can tell me they really aren't that scary.

I have attempted to duplicate the flights Justfly shows at the actual airline websites and always come up with a higher cost and/or unlikely connection answer. Not a huge deal but another thing that strikes me as odd is that Justfly charges for seat assignments even though I believe the airlines do not charge when making a business class res. Also I have read stories that Skylux may be illegally using other people's FF miles to book and that's illegal. (I've also read that FF miles are being stolen by hackers and are for sale on the dark web.)

On this route the cost difference can be $1500 per pax. So with that amount of savings on the line it makes me want to get the best deal but with assurance my booking, seat assignment, etc. won't get canceled, lost or changed without notice. Thus I am troubling over where to book.