FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:47 am
srcga

Originally Posted by cocoabean28
Hello!

I'm at 590 TPs and needed a TP run along the East Coast area to attain Silver before my collection year ends in the first week of Feb. The cheapest flights that worked with my schedule were BOS-LGA. The summary of cost and booking class was $95 for (B), $114 (N) and $196 (I) when I checked last week. I booked the $196 flight for the 40 TPs as I didn't want to do a round trip in Eco. This works out to ~ $5/TP: is that good/ok/bad value?

While booking I received an AA Advantage CC offer, which included a $250 credit on any AA expenses. I took the offer, was approved, and made my purchase with this new card. I put in my BAEC number for the TP post booking. Let's see what the CC statement will reflect.

I've also found that booking via the Chase UR portal using a mix of points and money also yields regular TP and Avios earnings while offsetting the cost.

Thanks!
$5/TP is not good- however - in the grand scheme of things, $200 to get over the threshold (if you want it) isn't the end of the world to most.

Correct on the Chase -- it looks like a "normal" purchase to the airline.