FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fire at Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:58 am
scented

Originally Posted by nmuva98
You bring up a really good point. Between fire safety and overall personal safety (e.g. the horrendous situation at Six Senses Seychelles), as well as the thread awhile back about safety from pirates/terrorists at Amanpulo, I do wonder how good resorts are at handling this sort of thing.

I had a health scare at Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay. Woke up at 3am with chest pains, and within 10 min they had an ambulance on site and doctor in the room. All turned out fine, but that was in an area surrounded by hospitals. What happens if you have a fire, health scare, etc. at some of the more remote resorts? My hope would be that if I'm paying $1,000-$3,000 per night for a standard room that management would have taken these sorts of things into consideration...but is that a naive viewpoint?

I will say that when I was returning to Manila after my stay at Pulo the only other people on the plane were some of Pulo's pilots. I asked about the plane situation and they said Pulo keeps a spare plane on the island at all times in case they need to evac guests...
Most resorts (luxury at least) have to have procedures in place. Pulo is very well organized in that regard and despite current problems can't see why this would have changed. Pulo has a resident doctor (Dr. Ron). He made a "house call" for me when I had a problem with my ear after diving and also visited his casita for a small procedure.

Many Maldives resorts have speed boats available to take guests to Malé in case of incidents which cannot be handled on property.