FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Glass in congee and flies - Quality of Wing / Pier F restaurants...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:43 pm
Rivarix

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
I have seen the flies in the Wing F dining area, too. I thought maybe it was a one-off incident, but based on this report, it doesn't sound isolated at all.
Think positive. Flies mean no formalin in the food so ...
And no, it was not one-off incident. I saw a fly at Wing F dining area last week. It wasn't a swarm so I was like ... whatever.

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I swear it'll be straight to the QF lounge for me soon. Any day. CX will be paying for it every single time
That's what I will do moving forward (and not because of the fly). I visited QF lounge for the first time this past week (after visiting Wing F). I normally don't hop around but was curious as some people here kept saying QF lounge is better. Verdict? Moving forward it will always be turn right from immigration (north) instead of turning left from immigration (south).

For me, this feels like MPC vs. other OW FFP all over again. I kept visiting Wing F (when departing from lower gates) because it was familiar and better (at least that's what I thought - afterall, it's a CX F lounge and this is HKG). Also, I was too lazy to hop around. After my QF lounge visit this past week, it was like ... err ... why did I keep going to Wing F in the last few years?? Will still go to Pier F when flying to CGK (it usually leaves from 60/70s) but no more Wing F ... let all the other AA/AS folks go to Wing F when they fly from VN to US.