FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 UA MP elite status buy-up offers(for higher status than earned in 2018)
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:01 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
$1K for me to buy up to Plat. - basically the gap between my actual PQD last year ($8K) and the Plat PQD requirement (of $9K). I earned over 120K in PQM last year.

Not going to happen. RPUs are useless for me (mostly hub-to-hub travels), and I would still get BG1 as Gold. I will just take the $1K and buy F fares outright.

Originally Posted by MrGood
Awaiting the UA upgrade/buy-up offers for 2019 status! I am Gold with 114k PQM, 70 PQS & $8545 PQD. This is my 1st year starting out as Gold, and before year's end I plan to qualify for 1K. I travel for leisure with my companion (who's Platinum ) and book within 1 week or less for all flights, all based out of EWR and PHL and most of them going to Central America. We plan to use my companion's 2 RPU's for a different destination such as TC or Hawaii, and I'm considering the buy up to enjoy the easier upgrades & 2 extra RPU's on the way to 1K -- however I'm not too sure if it's worth it?

Jay

1/11/19 Update: The promotion is now active!! My offer for Platinum is $599, which initially seems like a good deal compared to other offers... NO IDEA how they calibrate the cost though
I am sure you are aware to get to 1K for 2020, you would have to spend $15K in PQD this year in 2019.