FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Premium Fare Gone]: CX: Vietnam to North America from $674 (J) and $1100 (F)
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:04 pm
Global321

Originally Posted by tobikosan
More data points on CX first class inventory in the face of this error fare New Year's Sale: If not the right forum please move. I saw F Alaska award availabilty to add my wife on the return leg. I saw it on british airways website stating one available then waited for the AS calendar to show. When I did the AS agent said two first class seats were available and I snagged one. So for at least that flight there seems to be as much F award availability on CX as in the past.
(Bold, underlining and correcting the fare name mine. )

Glad you got your seats, but I don't see how you can say the FC award availability is anywhere close to where it was in the past.

Quick data point - looking at JFK-HKG from now until mid-February (using BA's website), there was exactly 1 FC seat being offered. So 30+ days, 1 seat... that is well below the historical counts.

OTOH - Business class has lots of seats overall, more closely resembling historical availability.