FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: WN (2011-2019)
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:37 pm
mendezka

Originally Posted by JTFramboise
Hi,
I don't know if anyone has had this issue with the Amex Business Platinum. I got the card a few months ago and did not know about the e-gift cards. My cousin told me about it on 12/31 so I went ahead and did two separate transactions for $100 each after I selected the airline (I chose Southwest). I did this all within 1 hour of the new year. Today is now 1/11 and I still have not received the airline credit. Most people seemed to have received the credit within days (including my cousin who told me about this). Has anyone on here received the credit weeks after they did their purchase? Or am I one of the few exceptions that the gift cards trick did not work for?
Mine normally post within 3 days. A couple potential issues though. 1 - I know at least for Delta (my choice) they recommend 4 $50 e certs. 2 - If you selected southwest and immediately after purchased the e certs there may be a delay from Amex & you won't get the credit.
3- If you selected your airline on the 31st & your charge was delayed (meaning it didn't show up for Amex until the 1st) you potentially lost your $200 credit for 2018. You'd need to reelect your airline for 2019. I'm not an expert on this though, I just followed exactly what the forums told me & it worked both times.