FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Lost A Customer For Life (AA didn’t renew my CK)
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:21 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAfreqflyer
I have spent the last 10 years as a Concierge Key flier with AA. I've enjoyed the perks but have also logged millions of miles and spent 100's of thousands of dollars with them.
Last year I had back surgery and couldn't fly for quite some time and AA dropped me from CK in no-time flat. No warning. No letter. No chance to earn back the privileges, just bumped out! My actual flight miles earned me EXP status but I never even got a welcome packet or new card for that, in spite of asking several times.
When I asked about special consideration because of my surgery, I was told that EXP is their highest level within AAdvantage and I would receive excellent service.
As one who had been pampered with CK, I can tell you that EXP is not nearly the same. Couple that with the decline in service and I will happily move back to UA where I am 1K for life.
Anyone else experiencing declines in service quality and care for customers at AA?
  • Anyone else experiencing declines in service quality and care for customers at AA?
  • Anyone else experiencing declines in service quality and care for customers at UA?
  • Anyone else experiencing declines in service quality and care for customers at DL?
  • Anyone else experiencing declines in service quality and care for customers at XX? [XX = your airline of choice]

The grass in not always greener on the other side

Frequent flyer loyalty programs are about frequent flying. People have all sorts of reasons for not flying. The airlines ffp's have heard them all.

Hope you are fit & well now ^