FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Likely misconnect in BKK - what will happen?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:12 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Likely misconnect in BKK - what will happen?

booked BLR-BKK-TPE this morning on TG 326 and then TG 632. We were scheduled to land in BKK at 6:15, and TPE flight leaves at 8:15. We’re sittign here in BLR waiting for the inbound aircraft, which isn’t scheduled to arrive until ~2. They are saying we’ll depart at 3 - exactly 2 hours late, which if that happens will land at exactly the same time as my TPE flight. I’ve tried to see if staff here would help to protect us on a later flight, but they keep saying to deal with it in BKK.

Many thoughts on what is likely to happen? Is it possible they’ll hold the flight and rush us through to it? If not, And we need to rebook, will they insist we wait for next TG flight (not until ~5pm). Or will they put us on an earlier EVA flight (there’s one at noon, appears sold out through, and another at 2:30 with space). Would they consider putting us in another carrier that isn’t in *? I’m used to Traveling in the US, where they’ll work with you as soon as a flight is delayed and causing a misconnect to offer a different routing if available.

Espeically considering we’re traveling wih an infant and toddler, it makes the overnight flights ex-India not great on the days when everything goes right (and with the exception of bus fares at BKK, I’ve found most trips they do). But obviously hoping we can get there and settled in as soon as possible.