FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Albergo del Senato vs something else?
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:59 am
VitaliU

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Originally Posted by Battistini
I am planning a solo European trip August 23-September 1. Options I have considered included London, Paris, Rome, Chiavari, or Naples. I will travel to ONE of these locations. My current favorite is Rome. I have scrutinized the wiki thread on Rome accommodations. I understand that the best location for a tourist is around the Pantheon. Albergo Del Senato is repeatedly recommended. Also an "Albergo Cezare". Is Albergo del Senato still a favorite? I am having trouble finding this "Albergo Cezare". Are other hotels that are luxurious like Harry's or Grand Hotel Minerva as desirable as Senato? Looking at the pics of the Senato its rooms seem terribly small though I can't find dimensions. Its cost appears to be similar to Grand Minerva without being able to directly compare apples and apples (meaning rooms of comparable size).

Is this a fool's errand? I know people have a low opinion of Italy in August.. Would a trip to Naples staying at the Hotel Vesuvio be more relaxing? I enjoy window shopping, shopping, light museum visits maybe relaxing at a café. I need strong air conditioning that's for sure I sweat like a pig.
I can still recommend Del Senato. Rooms are perfectly fine, especially for one. We traveled as a couple with two suitcases and there was plenty of space.

August is not the best time to be in Italy but Rome in August is better than no Rome at all I disagree with the above comment that this is too long for Rome. You can stay there for a month and it is not too long.

Enjoy.