FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR YUL-BKK/KUL/DAD in J (with QSuites) from $2,300 USD
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:22 am
DoctorORD

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by cbaronne
I spoke with them briefly about what "select Canadian gateways" meant. Apparently several Canadian cities are valid for departure, but it depends on the airline you're booking with. For Delta/AF she quoted several cities including Montreal. For Qatar, she said only US cities were a valid starting point.

If anyone else hears differently, I'd love to know. It took several people before I got one that even acknowledged that some cities in Canada were valid at all.
BA from YYZ also counts as part of IAP.

My usual competent AMEX travel agent is somehow missing in action... when I called in, I got someone who couldn't find ANY fares between YUL and BKK and had to "escalate to tech support"... then once he fixed the issue, couldn't find a fare for < $4k. Really curious if IAP applies here, maybe need to HUCA because the travel agents can be so inconsistent.

Anyway, sad that US routings don't work anymore for QSuites. However, on Qatar's website, it says that QSuites available on QR 830/831 DOH-BKK -- anyone able to get this as the connecting flight from Doha?