FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "secret" hotel within hotel concepts
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:04 am
BOStonTravels
Suspended

Programs: BA
"secret" hotel within hotel concepts

I am very curious about the idea of hotel within hotel concepts around the world at various properties.

The typical RC concept at most of their properties I am not a huge fan of as its like a decent airline lounge with sometimes great views but at a few properties it includes somewhat secretive perks like separate pool and I find that fascinating.

Esteemed contributor @m0hamed recently piqued my interest in a somewhat luxury property in Sharm, the Hyatt Regency which has a club level that truly seems like a separate hotel within hotel. This property features not only a large club house, differentiated rooms, but a really lovely private pool with service and a private beach. I was recently at the soon to be flagged Waldorf (now Towers Hotel Heliopolis) in Cairo and while the rooms pre refurbishment where very very mediocre they had an unadvertised lounge with private entrance from the driveway and private elevator. There was also unadvertised butler service for this level which was some of the best I have ever experienced (and Im generally really not a fan of this concept as find it useless) as well as separate pool area from the joined Hilton property. As a separate topic I think this WA hotel when refurbished is going to phenomenal.

This got me wondering about luxury properties around the world that might have similar features beyond the standard lounge that truly differentiate the product from the rest of the hotel/resort and might not be obvious/well advertised. I hope this thread seems appropriate and am eager for your expert knowledge as I couldn't find much on this topic.

Best, BT