FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - renewing status after a long hiatus
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:48 am
eefor jfp

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by seanpodge
As far as I'm aware, the qualification periods are always 2 year blocks based on the base date. Therefore if, for example your base date was 30 June 2015, then your current qualification period is 1.7.2017 - 30.6.2019 and therefore you have just over six months to get to *G (30k or 40k). There is no rolling 24 month qualification period like I think you are hoping for that I'm aware of.
Originally Posted by cargueiro
You have to wait for you two year window to restart if you need the full two years to requalify.

You will need to work out if you can achieve any meaningful status between now and when your base yet comes around again.
Thanks to both of you for the info. Right now I am half way into my two year block (it took a while to find my reference date on the website but I was eventually successful). I joined Asiana Club in January of 2010 so my two year period basically starts at the beginning of an even year and ends with the end of an odd year. Since I will need roughly 15 months to re-qualify for Diamond, I guess I will need to wait another year to start. Seem strange but it is what it is. Again, appreciate the help since it really isn't clear from the website and my search of the forum was unsuccessful.

One more question. Since I don't currently have Diamond status, I assume that I need the full 40K to qualify. The 30K is just to maintain it if you already have it, correct?