FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying IB / Iberia: seat selection, finding & using PNR, etc. issues
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:55 am
Tintin

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Question How to find Iberia 6-digit PNR and Seat Selection for AA Codeshare?

I just booked a JFK - ZRH trip in aa.com on Iberia metal codeshared with AA. The booking is on hold now. I have never transferred in MAD. So I want to do a bit research before buying the ticket. I have the AA PNR. But websites of Iberia, Qantas, BA, Royal Jordanian are not recognizing my AA PNR. When I book AA codeshares in BA metal, Qantas booking management site immediately recognize AA PNR and display BA PNR and all other additional details about the flights. This is not happening for AA codeshare in IB. Is there any website to obtain Iberia 6 digit PNR?

I can of course call the EXP desk and ask for IB PNR. But I am reading in flyertalk (and in this old AA link: https://saleslink.aa.com/en-us/blog/...e-flights.html) that AA codeshares in IB comes with 2 IB PNRs, a 5 dight PNR and a 6 digit Amadeus PNR. Apparently we need the 6 digit Amadeus PNR to manage the booking (select seats, etc.) in IB's website and app. But, EXP agents often gives the 5 digit IB PNR, which doesn't work. So is there any website or app to obtain IB's 6 digit Amadeus PNR from AA's PNR for codeshares?

During the booking, AA didn't allow seat selection (as happens for codeshares with BA). When I find the 6 digit Amadeus PNR of IB, can I select Exit Row seats (I am EXP) from IB's booking management site just after purchasing the ticket from aa.com (we can select any seat for codeshares in BA from BA's site).

Am I missing something?