FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling on Eurowings (EW)
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

1. If I buy a "BASIC" fare, I will have no lounge access whatsoever (or onboard service)
Yes - nothing, nada ... unless you have a UA*G Status, then you'd get access to any LH Lounge (but no sn/lx/os/contract lounge)
2. If I buy a "SMART" fare, I will have some onboard service (snack and non-alcoholic drink), bag, seating, plus
A SMART Fare will give you the service, one 23kg bag (NO elite benefits for extra bags), a standard seats (you can upgrade to a more legroom seat for a small fee, this is recommended)
a. I will NO:T have access to any SEN lounge on account of my TK *G
Correct. TK*G is nothing in the Eurowings Group. Please don't even bother to show your TK-Card. Eurowings does partner with a few mileage programs though: UA, NH, SQ, AC
b. I will have access to FTL lounges in DUS and MUC on account of my M&M FTL
Yes, if you are booked into a SMART, BEST or BIZ Fare
c. I will not have access to a lounge in KSC unless I buy it, use Priority Pass or other airline-independent method.
Since there is no Eurowings Lounge (or a lounge with a Eurowings contract) the only option left for KSC is Priority Pass
3. If I buy a "BIZclass" fare, then it's more or less like any other LH Group C class, except that I only get FTL benefits, not SEN/*G benefits
Pretty much yes: 2x32kg, Lounge, seats with a blocked middle seat, free food. Miles with Miles and More, UA, NH, SQ, AC. Additional Lounge (LH SEN Lounge) benefits with LH, UA and NH Gold Cards.
Incidentally, I discovered that EW refuses to price out (annoyingly enough) DUS-KSC via MUC. Forces direct. LH.com does not have a problem with this, but only allows SMART and some kinda Flex.
DUS-MUC-KSC should price out.
If you book via LH, you get a GDS Fare.
Those GDS Fares have slightly different rules:
- No Basic GDS Fares, only SMART GDS, SMART Flex GDS, BEST GDS, BESTflex GDS, BIZ GDS and BIZflex GDS
- GDS Smart Fares include a free seat reservation for extra legroom seats.
Usually GDS fares are a lot more expensive. Cheapest SMART Fare via EW.com is 46usd. Thats quite good IMHO.
There is another GDS Special regarding bags: if you book the flight under a codeshare (eg. LH1234 TXL-DUS), then the LH Bag rules apply! Unfortunately there are no codeshares on the MUC-KSC or DUS-KSC routes (and GDS Fares are more expensive anyway..)