FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Interim 77x seatmaps with Polaris seats & potentially Premium Economy (2018-19))
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:45 pm
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Madiah
I am looking to book return Newark to Rome end of June to mid July. UA 40 and 41 are both 777-200s. If United allows me to select seat 2k (old first class) for a business class price does that mean the plane is not scheduled for a retrofit until later? Is there a schedule out there somewhere? Thanks in advance for any information.
I have not kept up to date with how many 772s have been Polarized but the last time I checked it was 13 of them. Most probably by June there will be more so your flight can always be swapped for a Polarized plane. You will not really know until 60 hours before your flight and that can change back until time of departure.

If you are 1K or GS, UA will allow you to select seat 2K. However, if your plane is swapped to a Polarized plane, most probably you'll get 2L which is not as good for privacy as an odd window seat. It's just a matter of babysitting your reservation.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jan 10, 2019 at 12:49 pm Reason: changed 11 to 13