FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US-Madrid-non schengen connection times
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:39 am
AAguy1979

US-Madrid-non schengen connection times

I've read through this forum and see multiple posts about T4-T4S connections, usually involving Schengen-Madrid-US connections. I'll be traveling the opposite direction and could use some guidance. Last month I used AA miles to book business class Iberia flights, Chicago to Dubrovnik via Madrid. The original connection was 1:25. I just checked Iberia's website this morning and discovered a schedule change on the ORD-MAD flight (same departure time but arriving 30 minutes later). Both Iberia and Madrid's airport site indicate that 55 minutes is the minimum connection time. Can anyone share their experiences on a US to Madrid to non-schengen connection. I understand that I will arrive at T4S and need to take the people mover to T4. As I will only be a Schengen transit passenger, is it safe to assume that there will be no passport control? Will I need to go through security? I rarely transit to non-Schengen countries via Europe so don't have much experience. Is the 55 minute connection doable? We will be sitting in row 3 so among the first to exit the plane. Should the ORD flight arrive late, do Iberia offer any type of priority/expedited transit services for connecting passengers? I see that Iberia have a DBV flight a few hours later so presumably we could be rebooked if needed. But, needless to say, we would prefer to be swimming in the Adriatic as soon as possible.