FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Khao Yai or Khao Sam Roi Yot or Other?
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:14 am
fishfly

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
I've been to Khao Yai in a private car before. I'm curious how you plan to get around Khao Yai? Also, at 4 days, your time is very limited. Are you planning to stay overnight or hoping to do a day trip? I'm not familiar with elephant refuges in central Thailand, but 10 seconds of googling shows there's one on the way to Khao Sam Roi Yot. Again, without a private car and limited time, I'm not quite sure how you would get there. Sorry to sound like a downer, but it seems to me that transportation is going to your first issue.

I've never been to Khao Sam Roi Yot or know anything about it.
I'd probably fly into BKK, and immediately take the airport bus to Hua Hin. Get to Hua Hin. Find a driver that will take you to (or book a tour of) Khao Sam Roi Yot and perhaps an elephant refuge (if it turns out to be legit) the next day. Have dinner in Hua Hin, sleep at hotel. Next day do your touring. Have dinner at Hua Hin, sleep at hotel. Drive back to Bangkok. See your Bangkok sights. Sleep at hotel. Fly to next place.
No worries about being a downer! It's actually sobering and more helpful! Transportation is definitely our biggest issue. It's hard to gauge just how much time it will get from Point A to Point B- even harder in unfamiliar places.

Seems like we'd need to schedule a taxi to get to either of these places. I mentioned the two parks because hiking and wilderness backpacking are what we're familiar. Obviously overnight camping in international forest would be no go (that'd be really cool tho!) so I figured hikes national parks would be nice. I like the Khao Sam Roi Yot itinerary to visit a refuge. Would you recommend flying into another airport?