FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2019 - 2022)
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:09 am
ericdabbs

Originally Posted by BigDawgFT
I'll have to call in the a.m. from my office phone. USB has blocked all calls from my cell phone, my wife's cell phone and our land line. Suspect I called too many times from the same phone in setting new pins on resale cards. Once one phone was blocked, I used the other until it too was blocked. Each time I call customer service and try to get the phone blocks removed, they deny having done so, and I get absolutely nowhere. For what it's worth, looks like the safe number of consecutive calls is less than 10. Sticking to that has prevented my other phones from being blocked.
Interesting. I have never heard of that data point before where they block people based off of where they set new pins. Over the years, I have used the same phone number and I find it hard to believe that USB suddenly decides today that it has had enough. Certainly something weird indeed. Hopefully the 24 hour block is all it takes and I can dump these cards. I might have to reconsider going forward how many USB VGC cards to buy at a time to avoid this issue. I wonder if there are other folks who are experiencing the same issue or if this is just a region thing that is only in SoCal area.