FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian SPG American Express
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:05 am
joeags

Originally Posted by Fizzer
Those I can find. If the free nights are meant to be there then they are missing which is the issue. My original question was where they might be on my account because it was not and still is not showing. As for the website in general being more difficult/ non intuitive that's a whole different topic.
Let's back up real fast from your initial message. You may know all of this, but let's just go through. There is one final spend certificate for reaching $40k in your cardmember year. But if your year rolled over prior to August ~3, you will not receive a certificate, as the anniversary certificate has replaced it. If / when you are eligible, it will show up in your Marriott account under Activity. This has typically been within days of hitting the spend. You won't see this in the app as far as I can tell. The cert will be a 35k one valid for one year.

If you believe that you are due the certificate, I would confirm on your statement that you have hit the spend requirement (there's a box towards the end if you had spend that month), and if you have and it hasn't arrived call Amex first as they will send the info to Marriott.