Old Jan 9, 19, 7:47 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
I think many of us have written this property off it ...
What makes this property especially bad is the fact that it is managed by Marriott International, not some shady franchisee. It gives credence to what I've heard about there being division between the hotel development division, which services the owners (the real customers), and the loyalty division, which services the product (us, the guests) that the hotel development division sells to the owners.

Originally Posted by edgewood49 View Post
If you have high status then you have the right out of loyalty to get something better than a standard garden room.
This is what frustrates me about a lot of properties, especially high-rise properties. Even when a suite isn't available I should at least get a room on the top or upper floors. There's no way that everyone in the same category of regular king rooms on floors above me has higher status.

I honestly think many hotels, especially once you get down to Courtyard, Sheraton, Renaissance, Westin and Marriott properties managed by third-party management companies, don't have a guest relations manager, rooms controller or operations manager reviewing the daily list of elite status customers and actually pre-blocking.

If lots of better rooms are available when I check-in at T-minus 48 hours, when the mobile application allows online check-in, then I'm entitled to the best room or suite that was available for the duration of my stay at that precise moment. Period.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Jan 9, 19 at 7:53 pm