FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:58 pm
Kalboz

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Returned two days ago for a repeat tour but due to my Flickr account being down was not able to post a report. Was shown 3 types of rooms: Twin, Deluxe King, and Regency Suite. Again very nice new furnishings and great relaxing ambiance in the middle of chaotic lower Sukhumvit. Here are my observations:

- CORRECTION: the property will have 273 rooms including suites when fully operational. Currently 110 are open including 10 suites. Final number of suites remains confidential.
- Regency Club is estimated to be completed in 2 months. Globalists and Club rate guests currently have the same benefits at the 4th floor venues.
- Three floors of rooftop venues will be opened above the regency club - floors 28-30 - the same as at the Marriott Sukhumvit 57.
- Deluxe Room are the entry level accommodations for Globalist in case of no suite availability. These deluxe rooms are huge and resemble the Renaissance Suite at the Bangkok Renaissance but I found them bigger and with dramatic bathroom/bathtub. Additionally, the deluxe room has an extra 1/2 bathroom at its vestibule. Only deluxe and higher room category offer coffee making machine.
- Suites will offer "Handy" hand-held mobile device that works exactly like a cell phone except you cannot receive calls. Landline calls within Bangkok, your data, and unlimited calls to 10 countries are included for the duration of your stay. Secure system that will delete all your personal data from the system upon checkout. This is a huge benefit especially the gratis calls to other countries.
- Pool is larger than the one at the Sukhumvit 57 (in my estimation) and has a direct sun exposure. Shaded areas are plentiful for the Asian guests.
- The structure is designed in such a way the the upper and lower floors are wider and offer more space than the middle section. So currently the available lower floor rooms and suites offer a nice space.
- At least two outlets are opened in the attached developer-operated mall, a spa and a coffee shop.

Deluxe Room

Deluxe Room

Shower & tub with dramatic views - Deluxe Room

Extra 1/2 bathroom that can come in handy - Deluxe Room

Coffee/tea making facilities - Deluxe Room

High ceiling and ample space - Twin Room