FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:25 pm
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
It sounds like they didn't take status into account with the initial room assignment, and the online check-in then locked you into a crappy room. Unfortunate they were not willing to remedy that, particularly over the course of a six night stay.

I already had this property off the list due to the breakfast games.

I think many of us have written this property off it almost sounds like the same management as the Hyatt Andaz down the beach. I have learned that if you want a certain type of room then book it up front, who the hell wants to be flying across the pond worrying about ones room? Not me, too old and cranky. Hindsight is 20/20 but if I had walked into that room taken a look would have turned around and asked for MOD and nicely informed him that this room was unacceptable and I have done that, and in five star hotels, did that at the Park Hyatt Vendome have done it at other Marriotts as well. If you have high status then you have the right out of loyalty to get something better than a standard garden room.

This property has changed a lot in the past 10 years and not for the good.