FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Seat Poaching Attempt Experiences [Consolidated]
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:13 pm
Jimmie Jet

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ophelia
I saw the exact same thing happen (I was actually in a sort of similar situation (where I was planning on giving up a 'better' seat (we had 5 seats in a 3x3 across - 3 seats on one side, and then the aisle/window on the other. I planned to give up the aisle to the middle seat occupant.) The row behind us had one person (I think it was a teen-ish kid) sitting in the middle seat on the left, with dad camping in the aisle seat on the right. When the left aisle passenger approached, he asked if they could switch so he could sit with the kid, the aisle passenger agreed (not realizing that dad was not actually sitting in his own seat), only to be realize she agreed to switch to the middle after the fact. Ugh, I was SO mad for her sake.

i saw this happen from San Fran to Houston , I was in the row opposite

the guy who switched seats was duped into thinking he was getting an aisle but then some one else came and said “ you’re in my seat”

guy that swapped gathered all his belongings , went to the FA , handed her his boarding pass , not sure what he said , but the FA came down and removed the seat swapper from his seat

total class on the guy, no drama just got his seat back