FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brand / Models vs Rental Car Company - USA
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:02 pm
EqualOpp

Programs: whatever it takes
Brand / Models vs Rental Car Company - USA

There are certain car brands I seek to avoid...so I was hoping to get a listing of which car brands / makes tend to be available at which rental car company. As I know there is a history of relationships there. There are car guides on online, but it is too general. So...maybe others can help? Again, interested in the majority of vehicles (Standard, Mid-Size, Full Size) available at an average location in the USA. Of course, YMMV.

Avis - GM - Chevy

Budget (Owned by Avis) - Ford?

Hertz - Ford (owned by Ford in the past per Wiki)

Dollar / Thrifty - Chrysler

(Wiki) From 1990 to 2009, Dollar Thrifty Automotive primarily rented Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles to customers within the United States. Some locations featured Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota models as well. In October 2009, it was announced the company would move away from use of Chrysler Group vehicles with hope to better diversity their rental fleet.[10] It was announced the fleet would now include Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Chrysler, and other vehicles.

Enterprise - Chevy
(Last rental years ago was a Chevy Cruze . Wiki notes some controversy with Chevy Impalas in past)

Sixt - Toyota, Mercedes, Volvo, Volkswagen (German)

Advantage Rental Car - Toyota

(Got a RAV4 and Camry recently in AZ). Though they also had Jeep.

Have an upcoming rental at Avis until I realized they often have Chevys, which I try to avoid (let's not get into why). So...going to pay more and rent at Hertz probably.

Last edited by EqualOpp; Jan 9, 2019 at 1:08 pm