FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:41 am
nshep

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Just to feedback my FLUB experience for some data points. I successfully got FLUB’ed on yesterday’s 777 rotation from Madrid (461) it was my first time sitting in F seat and it has made my partner very annoyed as we booked our ‘first first’ for July this year together (SJC outbound and JFK inbound) and I’ve taken 14 photos so I can send one a day for next two weeks so he does not forget this 😂

anyways the data points:

at the time of booking the ticket F cabin showed on expert flyer and blocked and not visible on BA.

at T72 F seats became available to select and I selected 2a. (Was the weird 2 rows of 8 forward facing only seats).

at online check in I got pushed back to 11a i checked expert flyer and all seats in F showed as blocked again.

checked expert flyer when I arrived in Madrid in the Iberia lounge (was on a connection) and still showed F as blocked. (This was around 1pm)

checked once more at around 3/4 pm (461 departs madrid at 5:50pm) and six seats in F showed as free on expert flyer so I phoned BA exec club and asked to be moved. The guy was confused as he said he could see I was allocated 2a but had boarding pass for 11a so he put me on hold and then few minutes later he came back and said he had put me in 3a (when phoning I had asked for 3a as 2a was blocked still but he actually offered me a choice of either). After ending call I refreshed BA app and 3a showed immediately and it let me download a new boarding pass. There was 5 other people in F with me so basically all unblocked seats got allocated,

it it was a very comfy two hours 🥳✈️