View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 19, 10:31 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just had a 12 hour layover in CDG. Flying AF business class, I had access to their Arrivals lounge to shower and have a light breakfast. Non-business class passengers (unclear if you have to arrive on AF) can pay to get in -- EUR 50 before 10am, 35 after. It's a bit of walk from 2E where AF flights arrive, more info in the AirFrance forum.

The Yotel is airside in terminal 2E, Hall L (non-Schengen zone). OP should have access to it with the onward boarding pass, but then I'm not sure how easy it is to exit the terminal afterward, for which you'd have to clear passport control.

In terms of the CDG Sheraton, I think day rooms are 8am - 6pm, and ~$200. So kind of pricey and the checkout time would severely limit your time in Paris.

There are storage lockers on-site at CDG, but I believe they close at 9pm; this was too early for me (my flight was at 11 or 11:30pm), so I used the lockers at the Gare du Nord for my carry-ons (a laptop backpack and small duffel). My suitcase was checked through to my final destination. Note that the GdN lockers are at the other end of the station from the Metro and RER, probably a 5 minute walk, so make sure to allow enough time on your way back to the airport to get to the lockers and back to the RER. The locker facility also closes at night, but I think 10 or 11pm. You can Google for info.

There's no shortage of actual things to do in Paris though!