FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent China Southern paid upgrade Economy to PE or Business
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:27 pm
JapanFlyerT

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bub001

Thanks for that data point. Were those prices on board or at check in? 8500RMB is not insignificant, but looking at the overall price you would have paid for the journey (your heavily discounted original + upgrade), that’s still s very cheap TPAC business seat... getting an empty seat is a real bonus...and makes it even more difficult to justify spending the money. The return flight...A380 or 777-300? I never ceased to be amazed at how many people travel in F and J..,,capacity on both aircraft is big. Again, thanks.
I asked at check in and they said ask at the gate. They noted my seat number, and then approached me once the doors were closed.

Prices are all over the place for LAX-CAN, but given these were peak travel days (1/25 and 1/4) the 8500 was probably good compared to the normal fare for that day. Others have said 5000, which I was will to pay. I won't pay normal TPAC prices. Usually I get J by using miles I have bought or earned on credit cards.

CAN-LAX and return were both A380. Going had a dozen or so in J open. Coming back they said it was oversold by 1 (something like 76 booked into 75 seats).

I noticed the KIX-CAN econ seat on the A330-223 had a good extra inch between my knee and the seat when compared to the A380. Entertainment system was better was well.

Overall the service and experience was OK. KIX_CAN_KIX was a bit better, but of course the play had half the number of passengers. The attendants don't come round very often and the drink list is basic, but I was drinking water most of the time anyway. The toilets outbound to LA got pretty nasty, but on the return were fine.