FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling the world for 6 months... My sabbatical leave experience
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:24 pm
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by flying_blue_white_red
JNB doesn't look like Africa's busiest airport but more like Gandor in the Langoliers movie.
You can always kindly ask for a glass of bubbly as a PDB, never got that refused from KQ even during a 3 am departure where breafkast is served!
The new snack box is a nice idea, It changes from the too formal and boring meal tray.
You did the right choice: early morning and from 7 pm, one should avoid the crowded Pride Lounge and instead go to the Simba lounge to unwind, and usually from 10.30 am the Pride lounge is quiet and very comfortable!
The Viognier wine is available at the lounges too!

I'm sorry for this schedule change which disturbed your plans but I like very much this new timing because now one can combine the same day KQ from africa with AF/KL to Europe by connecting at DXB as their flights depart at around 12:30 - 1 am.

How can he/they know this? Have you entered the U.A.E. using the other passport?
Well, at least this schedule change makes some people happy :-) I personally, was not so much !
Good to know for the Viognier available at the lounge, I actually did not pay attention to that...
For the passport issue at DXB, no I never showed my second passport in the U.A.E. Was just thinking that by reading the chip of the first passport, they would see some "gaps" between some check-ins and check-out for some countries. I am not sure if they could tell anyway, since this is the first time I travel with 2 passports and I get secondary screening, I was wondering if this could have been the reason. In this instance, I believe the reason for the secondary screening was due to the fact I had 2 Qatari stamps on my passport, the second officer asked me if I had permanent residence in Qatar, which I do not. The case was then closed.