FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam to US mistake fare discussion - 2019 Cathay New Year's gift
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:52 pm
FlyPointyEnd

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by brunos

the post was about MNL-Vietnam. Not NA-MNL.
And I also find that biz discounts from anywhere to VN have simply disappeared
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
I believe Tom Young was talking about a return ticket MNL-HKG-HAN/SGN, not MNL-HKG-USA, in which case $1,200 for an I fare might well have been an accurate pricing level.
Sorry my bad....however from what I know, HAN, DAD is priced similar to RGN, where the KA legs are operated by A320. Normally they are in the neighborhood of $1600-$1800 exMNL. SGN was priced at around $1000 similar to most SEA destinations serviced by CX. A quick check today SGN is at $1,300 with Business Save only available on the inbound flights. Further in April, its back at $1200.

For HAN (I'd assume is similar to DAD) there are dates (1/24-1/31) that it's ay 1,747.56 on Business Save (I-Class). When I tried to book for my positioning flights in June and November it was actually at $2,200 for business or $500 in economy...I'm actually thinking of taking SQ from Manila, they have a travel fare this weekend and it's like US$906 including taxes for Business Class..