FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kanto area, April 2019 - planning sandbox
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:44 pm
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I'm not sure I will have much, if anything, to contribute but this certainly looks like fun! One question though, is the plan to stay in the same city (presumably Tokyo) the whole time and do day trips or is it to move around and stay in various cities/towns in the Kanto region?
Circumstances may be a little different for us as MrLapLap’s father lives in Tokyo, so this is our annual visit. It’s mostly a chance for LapChild to get to know her grandfather, but just as much for her (and the rest of us) to know Japan.
Occasionally we stay outside of Tokyo , last year we took Granddad to Kerama Island near Naha using BA Avios, other times we have been to Urai Bandai, Hakone, Matsushima and Sendai.
Not yet sure what will happen this time.

But yes, the focus of this thread is on affordable day trips from Tokyo, as well as interesting things to do within the city.
There’s currently an exhibition on I would have loved to have seen, alas, it will be over before I arrive 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT | Exhibition " MINGEI -Another Kind of Art " | About