FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chinese Airlines Business Class - Any good?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:42 pm
CO-PLAT

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
We flew CZ CAN-YVR in biz yesterday on their 787-8. No evidence of flight crew smoking and I'm very sensitive to smoke, We were seated in the third row (row #7 ). The seats were comfortable and spacious. The service was excellent and the food was just OK. I didn't like that they asked for your 2nd meal (and beverage) choice before take off. How am I supposed to know what I'm going to want to eat 8 hours later? They did ask if you preferred not to be woken for the 2nd meal service.

The flight boarded, departed and arrived early.

The service was way better than my last biz class CZ experience seven years ago on the A380. I almost had the feeling that they were going out of their way to please me as a current Delta Diamond Medallion since CZ will leave SkyTeam this year.

My wife's wired remote was broken so she was offered an iPad-like device or the option to change seats. The IFE is very limited.

The seat map on Seat Guru is wrong for the aircraft we were on. There was no 1st class. There were only three rows of biz class (numbered 5 through 7) in a 2-2-2 configuration. If a solo flyer, I would not suggest a window seat as you have to jump over your seatmate (unlike the KE 777) to get out.

Even the description of cabin layout on the CZ website didn't match our aircraft:

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Jan 12, 2019 at 12:39 am