FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:50 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Zorak
It's definitely frustrating, but you've been around enough to know that it has less to do with the length of the flight, only indirectly to do with how many seats are left, and everything to do with how many of those seats they expect to sell.
I'm flying DTW/DCA on the Friday before MLK day and returning the day before MLK day which is a low business travel day, I do this flight every year and always clear even on an award ticket and was just going to use the RUC so it wouldn't go to waste and I could have some flexibility with SDC in case there was an IROPS situation. Delta is offering me a buy up of over $800 one way on an award ticketand even if there would happen to be business travelers on that route I can't imagine any company authorizing the kind of money for a paid F ticket and I'm sure no leisure traveler would pay that.

The really stupid thing is I'm on an award ticket and would have purchased a ticket if I could have used the RUC so Delta is out the revenue.