FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE 2019: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:08 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by carmelsown
Hi all,

Happy new year! I am loyal to AA and mostly travel domestically in the USA and frequently enough that I'd like to buy a lounge membership this year since I enjoy the experience and frankly it's worth it to me. I would consider the Citi credit card that grants access but as I see it, the annual fee is $450 each year no matter what which brings me to my question- it seems that, per their site T&C, Alaska Lounge annual memberships are $450 with reciprocity to Admirals Clubs globally? I understand that you may not get the international, partner lounge access overseas that Admirals Club may grant you but again, I travel almost exclusively domestically. Given Alaska Lounge's reciprocity with Admirals Club, this would seem to me to be a legitimate way to gain access to Admirals Clubs domestically while paying $450 for this year's membership rather than $550 (or $650 once the fee increases)?

Has anyone heard of Alaska Lounge members being turned away from Admirals Clubs domestically or having their membership be inferior in some way? It would only be worth it to me if my Alaska Lounge membership would be treated as good as an Admirals Club one (I can deal with a glare or snide comment from the reception desk as long as I get in haha)

Thank you!
Under certain circumstances, Admirals Club members access Alaska lounges. But I’m guessing not too many of us here are as familiar with Alaska’s policy as in the Alaska forum.

But I’ve never experienced or observed a person with lounge access denigrated or poked fun at because their access was because of a reciprocity agreement or any reason, unless they were trying to bluff their way in without genuine access.

For AA, the Executuve Card is a less expensive way to gain full Club membership, including reciprocal access to Alaska and some other lounges.