FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Jaipur Resort & Spa, India [Master Thread]
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:22 am
MrM2016

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
We checked in here and were upgraded to a small villa with pool. That was the good part.

At dinner we then got told that a water pipe had failed, specifically to our villa even though we still had running water, which I find very odd, and we had to be downgraded. We switched rooms only to enter a block with central air conditioning control which is locked to heat mode. Maintenance advised us to open a window, so now we can enjoy the noise from a wedding party.

The hotel have offered to comp dinner tomorrow for us. Normally I would ask for a night charge to be waived but since we booked on points I stumbled and accepted.

I had an uncomfortable experience with the front office manager who made clear I should remain greatful we kept an upgraded room.

A deeply unpleasant experience. I should have saved my points and booked cash at either the Marriott or Le Meridien resort. Live and learn.