FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:59 am
moa999

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by FLYMSY

I’m arriving in Sydney on 1/24 and will only be there until 1/26. I would probably take a few bus rides, in addition to the train to & from the airport. I’m debating whether to try to squeeze by with the $35 top up or to be on the safe side, do a $50 top up. Any suggestions?
How long, approximately, is the train ride from the airport to the stop near the Hilton?
Also, as mentioned above, I’m going to try out the Sheraton Hyde Park. It seems like the two hotels are relatively close. If I take a bus from the Hilton to the Sheraton, which bus # and which stop would I get off?
Doing the loop to Town Hall its about 27 minutes (stay on the upper deck and look to the right at the Circular Quay Stop) or 18mins to St. James which is 2-3 blocks away. Only shave a few minutes by switching trains at Central, so not worth it.
I'd go the Opal card and $50 topup then.. Main reason is as a tourist I'd definitely recommend the ferry trip to Manly as a great opportunity to see the Harbour, and see Manly Beach. Manly ferry is about $7.50 each way. Or Taronga Zoo if thats more your thing.
Definitely walkable Hilton to Sheraton

Sydney transport is well mapped on Google Maps and the Citymapper App... locals will often use Tripview or the Opal Travel app.

Last edited by moa999; Jan 8, 2019 at 6:06 am