FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaint for poor service on MCO-AMS flight
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:54 am
vincentharris
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by mayhem
From my experience they are very stingy with miles for customer service. I once complained as a DM 360 for a (regional) FA treating me in a very rude way, and got 3,500 miles for that. It wouldn't surprise me if for gold members they would simply not give out miles for that since in all fairness, it's hard to define black vs. white what improper customer service is, and if they open the door too much they could just be getting complaints over and over and be handing out miles to just anyone. Compare that to e.g., a flight with a Mx failure, a broken seat, etc. all of those are factual issues.

To your question; you're overestimating gold status, but only by a tiny bit. I'm sure that for a broken IFE or delayed flight or so you would have gotten miles.
Its funny because 5-8 years ago Delta used to throw out 10k + miles for the seat not reclining on a 37 minute flight.

Maybe I have become apathetic but unless I am forced to sit in poo or I am in a bulkhead and the lav is leaking into the carpet where I am sitting I have realized it is pointless to complain. I can assure you DL (just like any large corporation) literally does not care about peoples complaints UNLESS somehow they (the customer) get it to the level of a large regional or national media organization then PR/marketing has to at least half way care about responding. It may be a depressing way to look at it but when I stopped caring life got a lot easier.

(This outlook can be used for any large organization. Amazon, National Car, United, American Airlines, etc etc)