FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:33 am
jm0933

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Delta Status Challenge - How long will it take to get a response?

Bit of a dilemma here:

I usually fly United for work and pleasure as it's typically the cheapest of the legacy carriers out of MCI to the destinations I'm flying. However, I just got pulled into a trip for work where Delta is actually the cheapest, by quite alot, enough that I can't book any other airline.

Combined with the fact that Delta is my company's preferred airline for travel from our corporate HQ, where I'll likely be moving this year, it seems logical to start a status challenge and apply this trip towards it. It's an expensive ticket and gets me most of the way to the MQD requirement for Gold, and I can make up the rest of the MQMs via personal travel.

However, the trip is tomorrow. Anybody who's done a status challenge with Delta, how long did it take to get approved after you submitted your credentials? Would it help to call? Also, if I were to apply and not get approved prior to my trip, could I call and cancel the challenge without losing my eligibility to match within the next 3 years?

If I can't get it in time for this trip, I won't start it now, since I don't have enough personal travel on Delta planned to support both the MQD and MQM match requirements in the next 3 months. Worst case scenario I would match after I move, probably in the fall.

Thanks for your help.