FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:40 pm
acf1270

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Just because a supervisor says or believes something in no way is evidence of anything, I’m afraid. If I had confirmed results 100%—or even 25%—of the time based on what hotel supervisors or even front line managers told me, my life would have been much easier.

Just as MR customer service agents are likely to share inaccurate or downright false information, intentionally or unintentionally, so are front line hotel staff.

Just as some properties wrongly behave in contradiction to the terms and conditions (JW Guanacaste, anyone?), this hotel supervisor may have told you what he or she believes to be true—even if it isn’t—or what he or she simply thought would get you to stop bothering them. That doesn’t make the information any more accurate or the hotel supervisor any more credible a source.

Just as Marriott social media wrongly communicated that a property is exempt from terms and conditions (JW Guanacaste, anyone?), that doesn’t make it any more accurate or the social media team any more credible a source.

Always consider the source and use common sense. It makes little sense that there is some hidden secret list of properties allowed to operate outside the Marriott terms and conditions. It makes more sense that the hotel supervisor in question is mistaken or was trying to CHA.

Just to clarify, it wasnt someone at the hotel that said this, it was a supervisor at marriott rewards call centre