FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - retaliation by American Airlines suing in small claims court?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:04 pm
writetorich

retaliation by American Airlines suing in small claims court?

Hi, I did a search and only found this dated thread from 2015.
Help Suing AA in Small Claims Please [denied boarding - weight restricted]
I am lifetime plat ( 2 million miler) and have about 600K miles in acct.
What is the likelihood , if any, that AA would retaliate by "closing acct", seizing mileage balance, removing status.
I am not interest in DOT complain. obviously customer service was not effective or I would not be posting this thread

Also is there an option in the conditions of carriage for "binding consumer arbitration" , much like the cable companies and cell phone carriers.
They actually PAY for the cost of the arbitration, because there is a class action waiver.
The only recourse is small claims or AAA arbitration with cell phone and cable companies and I have been told that as soon a consumer files a "demand for arbitration , they are treated very very fairly by offending company as arbitration is very expensive. ( no I've never done it myself , nor sued in small claims court,--- too lazy and not litigious by nature ) but feel really aggrieved by more than one issue , the two most recent within the past 2 weeks.

Last edited by writetorich; Jan 7, 2019 at 4:06 pm Reason: yypo in title