FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:44 pm
nsummy

Originally Posted by nunogomes
Man, that really helped. Especially in managing my expectations about lounges. haha. looks like Residence Inn WTC is the best choice for me!

Thanks buddy. I actually got the old travel package (Cat 1-5) before the devaluation. That limits my option to Cat 1-4 now.
To be honest if free breakfast is the qualifier your best bet will be Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Downtown East. Almost in the Lower East Side and next to the Manhattan Bridge. The location is much much better. When you stay downtown you are so far away from everything. After you have seen the 9/11 memorial, statue of liberty, and the raging bull, then you can expect very long subway rides/uber/ taxi/whatever. There isn't a whole lot going on down in the financial district.

If you are willing to forgo the free breakfast, I think it would be worth considering the Aloft Long Island City-Manhattan View. Newer hotel, and i like the alofts. The view looks amazing too.