FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:58 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
After all the hype on here about the CX lounge, I tried CX F lounge yesterday. I didn't have as much time as I usually have as the terminal was a zoo with a long long queue even for Fast track security. But bearing in mind the hype with people saying it is better than the CCR, I was underwhelmed. It's nice, but I wouldn't say it was better than the CCR. I had teh dim sum basket and the soup, which was very nice, but no Benedict on the menu now. I'm unconvinced in whether it was better than the BA GF in T3. It's smaller for sure. I was flying AY, so I used the CX lounge as their board updates the AY flight, while in BA lounge it lists the AY flight but with no updates. For anyone flying AY through Helsinki, the premium lounge is closed until March, so everyone is squeezed into the main lounge. Much of the seating is reserved for AY's GGL equivalent, and it is a zoo as AY is still selling lounge access. Also no glasses - self service beer, but thin plastic glasses as they have no kitchen while the refurb to the Premium area is done,.
Anyone who says the T3 CX F Lounge is better than the CCR is crazy. The only way the CX lounge is better is for watching planes, being able to sit in front of a window and watch takeoffs is great. Otherwise it's a good First Class Lounge but the CCR is a First Class Lounge+. Furthermore, I don't like having to either eat restaurant food or go to the business class lounge for snacks. I do think it's better than the T3 GF which I find crowded and dingy and badly lit.