FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Corporate Travel No Longer Eligbile for Points???
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:55 am
feobrien

Programs: UA -GS 4.5 MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Diamond
Unhappy Corporate Travel No Longer Eligbile for Points???

I just had a very strange call with a service representative. I booked the Brussels Airport Sheraton via our corporate travel website (Concur). For some reason the reservation does not have my loyalty number attached, been having this problem with Marriott, think it has to be a subtle mismatch in name. No problem, in the past I have simply called Marriott/Starwood and they would add my loyalty number to the reservation. I called today and I was told they could no longer do that, I had to wait until I checked into the hotel. I told them that was unfortunate since the hotel would not know my status until I arrived and hence not provide any of the benefits. So they offered to send an email to the hotel to add the loyalty number. If this was not odd enough, I was then told that I wouldn't receive any points as the reservation was booked through a third party (my corporate travel via Concur). To receive points you have to book through the app or their website. I pointed out to the representative that this couldn't be true or you would be impacting virtually all of your corporate travel customers. I was informed that she checked with one of her colleagues and that she was correct. Has anyone heard of this? If this is true, I'll just book all of my hotels with Hilton and Hyatt who don't have such an incredibly bad policy.